Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I'll be there with bells on

How many times have you heard that expression? I know I have heard it countless times. Sometimes, because The Diva is a pretty bright little cookie, I forget that she isn't completely worldly, and sometimes takes things very literally.

This Saturday, we will be celebrating Diva's birthday. She is having a Fancy Nancy Soiree. We are all excited. The Diva wanted to make sure that Uncle K was coming to the party, so she called to invite him personally. His reply was, "I'll be there with bells on."

So, fast forward about a week. The Diva is sitting at the table, drawing a picture for Uncle K. She holds the picture up to me and says, "Mommy, look at the picture I made for Uncle K!" And look! I put a bell sticker on it, because he is going to wear bells to my party!" Sure enough, she had placed a bell sticker on the picture. I started to speak, stopped myself, and then asked, "Did Uncle K say he would be there with bells on?" The Diva looked up at me with her enormous (and gorgeous )brown eyes and said, "Yes! That's what he said! He'll be there with bells on!" I could see all of the certainty in her sweet face. I relayed the story to Uncle K, and I sure hope he shows up with bells on, or we will have one confused little Diva!

1 comment:

Shan said...

Now *that's* a picture (of Uncle K with bells on) I'm sure we'd ALL love to see, LOL.

Happy Birthday little Diva!