Sunday, June 7, 2009

Pretty On the Inside

I haven't blogged in forever. Life has gotten in the way, and I am going to try to get back into the swing of things. My job is winding down and I will have some down time until my summer job starts up. I am teaching summer school and will have a class of kindergartners heading to first grade. I am really excited about it, and trying not to get too down about the fact that I haven't found a classroom teaching job for next year yet. I want to be teaching again so badly that it hurts. Really, it hurts. I just keep on keeping on though, in the hopes that something will pan out.

This morning The Diva came with me to the laundry room. This is something she loves to do, but that usually makes more work for me. She was a pretty big help today though, and I only had to lay down the law 1 or 2 times, which is good! While I was folding laundry, she asked me, Mommy, what does pretty on the inside mean?. I don't know where she got the term, but I welcomed the opportunity to explain it to her and we had a really great conversation . I think she really gets it. Now that she gets it, I think it will really help in explaining why we shouldn't behave in certain ways. It truly was a teachable moment.

3 comments:

C. Beth said...

Oh, man, I hope you get a teaching job soon.

Sounds like you did a great job with the teachable moment!! Such an important things for our kiddos to learn.

greygillfish said...

Glad to hear you back in the blog world. I was getting really worried about you.

I love little moments like this with my little one.

Good luck on the teaching job!

Shan said...

So glad you're back!

And don't worry about the job... remember about 18 months ago when there just weren't enough teachers to be found? It'll turn back around pretty quickly.

Hugs,

Shan :+)