Monday, August 24, 2009

The Power of Positive Thinking

What a difference a change in attitude and having some faith can make. First off, I'd like to say thank you for the encouraging and supportive comments! I truly appreciate it.

Today, out of curiousity (and possibly desperation) I scoured the job postings for the two school districts I have worked for this past year. I saw that the Reading Tutor position at the middle school where I have been working was posted. It pays more than subbing, and involves teaching small group reading instruction. A step closer to where I would like to be. I love the school where I have been subbing, the administration is amazing, the staff is fabulous, and the students are great too! Working there has made not being a classroom teacher a bit easier to bare. So, long story short, I got the position! I feel really good about it. Long term, it's not where I see myself, but I think it is a good move. I get to stay at a school I enjoy working at, The Diva can stay at the home daycare that she loves, and I will be making a little bit more money. This Mama is feeling so blessed and happy tonight!