Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Date Night?

This morning my mother informed me that she is taking my 3 year old nephew overnight tomorrow night. Her plan is to rent a toddler friendly movie and have a slumber party in her family room with The Diva and my nephew. More power to her! Because of her brilliant idea, I had one of my own. My husband and I could actually have a date night! We really don't see each other much lately, when he isn't working we are sleeping. So, I tell the husband "Hey, we can have a date night tomorrow night!" To which he replies, "Why?" Not the response I was hoping for, but it didn't surprise me much. I think he was just shocked that we may spend more than ten minutes awake together- ALONE. I told him if he didn't want to go on a date I would just ask someone else. (Joking of course). He agreed to accompany me somewhere. Our date night probably won't be anything fancy. I'd like to go see a movie, but I am not sure I can resist the tempatation of ordering a movie theatre sized ginormous bucket of cherry coke! The popcorn with it's dangerously delicious yet pretty nasty butter flavored topping may be tempting too. I just can't win.

1 comment:

Mommy Vern said...

Oh go ahead and indulge yourself...just as you said, you guys rarely have a chance to go out- so make the most of it and then get back to your health goals the next day! BTW, I have heard that the new Batman is really good.

And I know the feeling, we never see one another anymore and I wish we had someone around to watch Garrett occasionally so we could go out. As it is now, we'll have to wait until we go home in October. Ahhh...that's way too long!