Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I am now employed!

I got a job! It's totally not what I thought I would be doing, but I am kind of excited about that. I will be spending the year subbing in middle school. I am a little scared of middle schoolers, but please don't tell them. No classroom of my own, complete fly by the seat of my pants action. But I will be done working everyday at 2:45, when I can go scoop my diva up and let her run me ragged until she falls asleep. I start my new job Monday, so I am trying to work out the child care kinks. I am happy to be employed, and hopefully a full time job of my dreams will appear for the next school year. Since this year is a transition year for my family, I figure why not go with a crazy transition job. The school seems great and I really liked the principal and assistant principal. I felt very comfortable there. Thanks for the prayers!

3 comments:

C. Beth said...

Yay, congrats! Sounds pretty ideal with the schedule. Awesome!

Mommy Vern said...

I am so happy that you got a job you want (those are so hard to come by)! Good luck and I can't wait to hear more about it.

I'm so envious! I would love to be teaching (not middle school, but hey it's a start right?) I am 3 semesters from an Early Childhood B.A. on top of another B.A.

Special K said...

Oh how exciting! My mom is always telling me to sub because it's good $, good benefits? and good quitting time! Hopefully I'll be next on the employment roster!