Saturday, December 6, 2008

Dear Grocery Bagger

I bet you are trying to be helpful and efficient when you load my groceries into an empty cart, instead of my own. It might even be store policy for all I know. But when I have a not quite 3 year old in my cart, loaded down in her winter gear, it is not convenient to have to lug said toddler out of the cart so that we can leave with the cart you have appointed us. My life would have been just a tad bit easier had I not had to make the child transfer until I got to my car. I get a little nervous juggling a cart and walking with my daughter across a dark parking lot where people drive like it's the Indy 500. Also, I am a fan of the environment, and while I don want to use a ton of plastic bags, when you don't give me bags for my water and milk it makes it quite the pain in the butt to try to lug all of my groceries and the aforementioned child up into my 2nd floor apartment. Those two extra bags would have saved us a trip back to the car, and I promise I would have reused those bags over and over and over again. I would like to say thank you though, for your service, and for not stealing my grapes. Have a lovely day.

1 comment:

C. Beth said...

"I would like to say thank you though, for your service, and for not stealing my grapes. Have a lovely day. "

HA!!!