Thursday, July 31, 2008

New words

The Diva is now using the word "because" all of the time. Except she says "puh-cause". Example :
"Mommy, I want to go upstairs puh-cause Daddy is making hot dogs and I want a hot dog." So now sentences are becoming more detailed which is great to see. Her new vocabulary word for the last few days has been "frustrated". I taught her this word, and it's meaning in a moment when I was indeed frustrated. Dialogue between The Diva and I early today went as follows (during a moment when she was having a bit of a melt-down. ):
Me: Diva, why don't you come in the kitchen with mommy while I make your lunch?
The Diva: "Puh-cause I am frustrated."
Me: (In an bewildered tone) Oh, Diva!"
The Diva: Are you frustrated too Mommy?"

1 comment:

C. Beth said...

LOL! What a smart girl!