Sunday, October 5, 2008

Such an obedient child

Yesterday we went to a harvest festival in search of the great pumpkin. It was rather insane, with a ginormous line to take the hay ride to the pumpkin patch, and somehow an even longer line for the ride back once we found our dream pumpkin. We found a lovely pumpkin and are calling him George. I made a fatal error in dressing The Diva for the harvest fest. Silly Mommy put her in WHITE pants. White. What was I thinking? Actually, I was thinking she looked precious in her perfectly coordinated purple and white outfit. What I wasn't thinking about was dirt. While waiting for the ride back with George, The Diva sat down in the dirt and grass. I really can't blame her, we had been waiting forever. It is important that I mention that typically The Diva detests dirt, and all things dirty. That little tidbit is important before I continue. When I looked at The Diva, sitting in the dirt, I said "Oh sure Diva, get NICE and DIRTY for Mama." To which she replied, "Okay Mommy!" And proceded to pick up two heaping handfuls of dirt and rub them all over her white pants. Hey, she listened.

1 comment:

C. Beth said...

Their literal minds at this age are so fun. (Until you have to get stains out of white pants, that is!)