Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Meal Plan Mondays, errr Wednesday

So, I have been fighting a cold (and the cold has been winning). I didn't post a meal plan, thinking no one would notice. Surprise, someone noticed! So, for you- Shan (and anyone else who cares)-

Monday- Spaghetti and meatballs, salad, and garlic bread. I made a double batch of meatballs and sauce, and froze some for another meal.

Tuesday- Grilled kielbasa, angel hair pasta with garlic and olive oil, and broccoli

Wednesday- Taco night!!

Thursday- Pork chops marinated in italian dressing, cheddar broccoli rice, green beans

Friday- Chili and corn bread.

I vow to post my next meal plan on MONDAY. :)

3 comments:

greygillfish said...

Sorry, you are feeling bad. I hope you get better soon!

I have to ask what time you get home from work, and what time does your family eat? Your meals always seem a little time consuming. I am jealous! I wish we had more time to prepare our meals. We do eat at home almost every night and try to cook meals, but a lot of time they are quickly prepared ones. If you lived down the street, we could just come eat with you. HA!

Shannon said...

Well, I have to admit, I am fortunate that with my teacher's schedule, I am home before 4 each day, for the most part. That definitely helps! Also, I utilize my crock pot whenever possible, and I do some prepping in the morning when I pack lunches (like marinating meat and such). We usually eat between 6 and 6:30. I do usually have stuff for quick meals on hand in case I just don't have the oomph to get a meal going (these usually end up being weekend meals). If you find yourself in the neighborhood, feel free to dine with us!

Shan said...

I shouldn't have read this right now... especially the part about Taco night!! I'm so hungry! It's 5:46 according to my clock, so if it weren't for the whole you-live-on-the-other-side-of-the-country thing, I'd be right there. (I know, it's not Wednesday anymore, but a dinner made by someone else always tastes great, don't you think?) Also, I think your family loves garlic as much as mine does. Perfect! We could trade off... except for that miles thing.

Alright, enough food talk. I hope you're feeling better. I also hope you didn't get the cold I've been (finally) beating. That was brutal!