Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bedtime

In my migraine haze, I managed to cook up a nice dinner (chicken marsala). While sitting at the dinner table, I said to D, "I am passing the bedtime torch to you. I am going to bed, and you and Diva are on your own." I proceeded to retreat to my dark bedroom with a huge glass of water and an icepack. I woke up this morning, and wondered why Diva didn't come in for bedtime kisses. I asked her about it, and she said, "I did, Mommy. You were sleeping, so I kissed your forehead and Daddy tucked me in." I'm sure it's true, my migraines certainly can knock me out, but I hate that I missed out on those bedtime hugs and kisses. It turns out that I need that tucking in time with Diva as much (or more) than she does.

3 comments:

C. Beth said...

My gosh, that is a horribly long migraine. Good for you, for going to bed. Are you better today? Concerned....

MommyToTwoBoys said...

I know! I used to work, I work from home now, during bedtime and quickly realized that I could not miss out on that every night.

Shan said...

Sweet baby kisses on your forehead!

If you were that soundly asleep, that's also what you needed. Bummer that you missed out on the tucking in, but good that you let your body be your guide.

I hope you're migraine-free ASAP!